Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Nut House

Seems like every weekend is crazy, but the wonderful kind of crazy.  For once, I'm in town (yea!) and getting things done.  Last time, I knocked a few things off the to-do list, and this morning took down a few others.  So this afternoon, I got started on one of the goodies for the welcome basket: B's Mom' recipe for sweet-and-spicy pecans.  Six pounds of pecans later, I'm 2/3 of the way done.  Eep! Hoping to knock the rest of them out tomorrow so Mom can take them home with her.
It looks like that won't be a problem, as the storm are suppose to roll in, which definitely puts a hitch in my plans for bridal portraits.  Ooph.  So on one hand, pecans finished.  On the other, portraits postponed.

I'm hopeful, though.  Weather changes all the time and who knows?  It could totally clear up and be gorgeous.  And, honestly, if it doesn't?  No biggie.  Everyone can do them on Monday.  I'd just rather get them done.  One more thing off the list. :) 

Yuck, just checked again.  Rain all day and, unless I want to do the portraits at 9 pm, I'm out of luck.  Monday looks clear though.  

I'll admit it-- I prayed for clear weather.  But, to be fair, I also prayed for the girl my photographer worked with today-- it was suppose to pour on her outdoor wedding.  And her day turned out beautiful.  It doesn't look like mine will be the same for the portraits, but I thought I had to at least say that not all the prayers this weekend were totally selfish...

No more nuts.  Bedtime.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: