Thursday, March 5, 2009

Retirement Ready

If our wedding was a woman, it'd be a mom of three currently eligible for Medicare/Medicaid. That's right, we're down to 65 days! Granted, it's no round, even number on the countdown, but it's rare to have a number of significance. Honestly, the next one I have is 40... as in how long it rained when Noah was on the ark with all the animals. Until then, you'll have to deal with my slight stretches. 65!

As the pace picks up, I find myself fixating on little things. I spent an hour yesterday researching programs (Seriously? We're not even positive about the name of our priest just yet.). I could've been doing anything (working on the video, converting VHS tapes, cleaning up the mountain of bridal magazines that has become my guest room), but I decided to fixate on one of the few things I can't tackle just yet. I don't know the order of the ceremony, the number of programs needed, or, like I said, some of the finer details. Oh well, I think I can still bill it as "progress."

Today is a big day, though. B finished his trial last night (yea!) and got excellent feedback from the mock jurors (double yea!), so he's feeling fabulous as he heads into his (dum dum dum) bachelor weekend in Destin. He leaves tonight-- have fun sweetie!

While he's enjoying a few days of sun, golf, and visiting local churches to distribute gospel material to blind children (What? That's what he told me.), I'll be home getting ready for next weekend's shower, baking brownies to bribe both the mail room guy (please hand cancel for me!) and the priest (please still marry us at 4pm!), and doing more apartment purging.

Case in point, last night the kitchen met its match. I went through all the cabinets (except the scary one under the sink that the Wal-Mart bags have taken over) and cleaned everything. I got halfway through the random condiments in the fridge when I realized I could barely lift the trash bag, so those will have to wait. That "spare" closet I once had? Let's just say it's almost entirely full with give-aways bound for charity. Here's hoping they need a juicer...

No comments: