Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fighting with the Macy's Registry Department

Got a call from B's Mom, who said that a friend told her our registry was no longer showing at Macy's. What? I check. Sure enough, no registry. And of course I haven't printed it out. Ooph.

So I call Macy's and get the registry people on the phone. Cathy pulls up the registry just fine, even though I can't access it online and no one can see it in-store. She transfers me to tech support, where I meet Susan, who can't see my registry at all. She can see the Crate and Barrel one, but nothing on Macy's. I'm sent back to Cathy, with instructions to tell her to turn off the "web accessibility" and then turn it back on to (fingers crossed) reset it. At this point, I'm glad that I work for a website, because I'm able to understand and, indeed, invoke phrasing related to company firewalls and the like. Scares Susan a little, perhaps why she sent me back to Cathy.

I'm suppose to give it until 4:30, and then call back and ask for a supervisor. B called a few minutes ago, en route to his bachelor weekend, and I told him about the problem.

B: I'm sorry, baby. That's no good. What will we have to do?
Me: I guess reregister there, if they can't get it to work.
B: That's terrible, when will we do that?
Me: I know someone with a lot of free time next week.
B: Oh that's right. Oh no. Ok, just give me the gun.

Alright, Macy's, you've got 52 minutes left to hold that registry hostage, then we're coming for you.

No comments: