Thursday, March 5, 2009

Macy's: 1, A: 0

An hour passed and no update on the registry page, or lack thereof, I suppose. Check your time stamps--after 30 minutes on the phone with the registry department, I was told that there was a problem with "several" of the registries and they'd have to put it into their tech department and it should be fixed in 48 hours. And if not, you guessed it, call back.

The best part? Betty, my lady of the hour at Macy's, put me on hold while they tinkered with the site, which allowed me to hear a bevy of the store's selected call-waiting music. My favorite? "I'm Not Going Anywhere." Seriously? Besides "I Can't Get No Satisfaction," I can't think of a song I'd rather hear less while on hold. Two points for whoever put that one in the hold-music play list.

1 comment:

Little Red said...

well, if all else fails, I'm buying you a 'Someone in Astoria loves me' teddy bear, tossing it inside a microwave, and wrapping the whole thing up in a bathmat. Registry shmegistry.