Saturday, March 7, 2009

Miss Clean

For the first time since I moved into my apartment (in 2006), I can shut the door to my closet.  Usually it stayed open, mostly to hide the pile of magazines growing behind it and also because I normally have clothes hanging on the handle or the frame.  Not anymore, friends.  The closet door is closed and the bedroom is officially clean.  As is the second bedroom, the linen closet, the coat closet, the kitchen, and the dining area.  By this time tomorrow, I hope to have finished off the bathroom, living room, and vacuuming (and of course hauled the final three bags of trash out of here).  Yea!

Also by this time tomorrow, I'll have B here for the week.  Now that's a huge reason to get excited.  He's been in Destin since Thursday with the boys and I've been good... haven't called him once, though I have gotten a few calls from him.  Love it. He's very good.

This week, B and I are tackling a few things (like breaking the news to the priest about the 4pm wedding time), but mostly just planning to hang out and enjoy each other.  I can't wait to make meatloaf and mashed potatoes, open some wine, and just celebrate a low-key night in.  Real life. Sign me up!

Plus, the family is back from Mexico today, which is oh-so fabulous.  I gave Mom the brief status report tonight and, by the time she gets back to Alabama, the wedding invitation should be waiting at home for her.  

I keep wanting days to go by faster and, for tonight, I get my wish.  Spring forward, friends!

No comments: