Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wedding Planning Moment of the Day

Me: I've been talking to your mom this morning about what you need for the engagement photos, but we'll talk about it when you're packing. I don't want to overload you right now.

B: Just give me the rundown now.

Me: Navy and gray slacks. Khakis. Do you have khakis?

B: Yes.

Me: Jeans.

B: I need new jeans. I mean, if we're doing fancy jeans, I need jeans. Mine are ratty.

Me: Want me to put them on your mom's "to get" list?

B: Ehh.. no. I'll get them.

Me: Navy and black blazer.

B: Blazer? How am I suppose to carry this stuff? Do I have to check a bag?

Me: Yes, honey, I assumed you would.

B: This seems like a lot for one picture.

Me: Um, you realize this is a session, right? Think 2 or 3 locations, clothing changes..

B: What? It's a picture!

Me: I told you I didn't want to talk about this right now.

B: It's ok, I'm just going to start steeling myself for it. I can just imagine myself getting frustrated and thinking, "I could so do this in one picture and it would be good." You know I don't like pictures, right?

Me: I'm getting that vibe.

(dead air)

Me: In theory, this is suppose to be fun.

B: I'll be good. It will be fun. I just need to prepare myself. You know what, let's just talk about this later, when I'm packing.

Me: Excellent idea.

Two plus months into wedding planning and the first time I see B rattled is over the length of the engagement photo session. Lesson learned. Next time, buy B new clothes and just tell him when to show up. And bring a flask. And possibly a Xanax. For me.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ha - wait until wedding DAY when there are gajillions of pictures. I thought my hubby would just drop dead.