Wednesday, October 15, 2008

B's First Anxiety Dream

Granted, it could be about a number of things including the eight interviews he's done in the past three weeks, the 30 page paper he has due in two weeks, or the fact that he has to pick a job for next summer by the end of the month, but B had his first anxiety dream. I prefer to think that his poor, sleepy mind was so pining away for me that it gave him a nightmare. Jury's still out on that one. You decide.

B: (Answers phone) ICan'tTalkRightNowLetMeCallYouRightBack

Me: Aeh..Oh ok yeah.

(Five minutes lapse)

B: (Calls back) Hi baby, I overslept for my 10:30 interview and just woke up at 10, so I was panicking when you called.

Me: I'm sorry hon, did you get everything done for today?

B: Yeah, but I had the weirdest dream last night. Someone kept trying to deport you and I had to go all Eli Stone on them.

Me: Someone was trying to deport me? Where?

B: I don't know.

Me: Who was it? Was it the priests?

B: I don't think so.

Me: They could be sending me to Rome for Catholic training.

B: Oh that would be bad.

Me: Not if you wanted to move to Rome.

B: True.

Me: Wait, did you just reference Eli Stone?

B: Baby I AM Eli Stone.

...For the record, Eli Stone is an attorney. And a prophet. Despite clearly almost being one of these things and (who am I to judge) possibly someday being the other, B still can't tell me what band will be playing when he has visions of the reception. What good is being able to tell of times to come if you can't know if it's going to be played to Mo-Town or Blues?
...Also for the record, people who meet Eli Stone think he's crazy. However, B does want to name his first son "Stone" (I kid you not), so maybe he's a prophet after all?

No comments: