Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wanted: 1 Miniature Roaring Flame

Sweet girl L has one of these candles in her bedroom and I think it's the coolest thing since single-flavor sherbet (Who eats all that lime in there anyway? There's pink and orange to be had!).

Woodwick Candles, as they're called have a (spoiler!) wooden wick. I know, I know. Take some time to collect yourself.

They come in lots of colors and scents yada yada yada, but the best part of these candles is the sound they make. Their slogan, "fragrance never sounded so good," is absolutely true. As the candles burn, they make the same flickering, crackling sound that you'd get from actual burning wood in a real fire. Close your eyes any time of year and imagine you're roasting marshmallows, singing carols, or just emitting large amounts of earth-warming pollution into the atmosphere, all with the strike of a match.

Plus, this picture doesn't really do them justice, but the candles are pretty, almost like they're in vases rather than glass cylinders.

B? Are you reading? Think you could give Santa a hint?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't hear the crackling unless I get really close to it. I had one for almost a year before Shelley mentioned how she loved the sound it made. What sound? Ohhh. I loved mine and it lasted for a long time. Sometimes Cracker Barrel runs them buy one get one half off. And yes, I will update my own blog later (hopefully) today.