Thursday, October 2, 2008

Off to Florence

Tonight L and I are heading home to be in a high school friend's wedding-- so exciting! The bride and groom have been engaged for about a year, so we've gotten to spend a lot of time with the two of them, plus throw her a lingerie shower/bachelorette night here in Birmingham.
I'm super excited for the couple, L&R. They've planned a fantastic wedding weekend starting with a bridesmaids brunch tomorrow and ending with an outdoor wedding overlooking the Tennessee River. In fact, their wedding location is one of the places in the running for our rehearsal dinner site.

I can't wait to celebrate with L&R tomorrow. I've known L, and played basketball with her, since middle school. We did a history project together in which we performed Native American mating dances on the back lawn of our high school (I'm telling you, you can't make this stuff up). Her ninth grade fling turned into my high school sweetheart, not surprising in a class of 50.

Point is, I love L. She's fantastic... basketball star, homecoming queen, and a heart of gold to boot. I can't wait to dance at her reception, but first, oh first, I get the benefit of some much-needed wedding party perks: make-overs.

L has very generously booked makeup artists and hair stylists to help us get ready for the big day, so the girls and I will be camped out starting at 8am Saturday morning primping for the big event, which starts at 5:30.

B can't make it to this wedding, which may be good seeing as I'm bound and determined to get the full joy (and trial run!) out of any wedding vendor provided this weekend, but I'm going to miss him. I love dancing with him, so it always bums me out a little when he can't make it.

After I leave work today, I'll take a quick walk then head home and gather my bridesmaid goodies (luncheon dress, rehearsal dinner dress, bridesmaid dress, zip-up hoodie for makeup prep, etc) and head home for three solid days of my home bed, mom & dad, and wedding-palooza. I can't wait! Congrats L!
[The photo is from our friend K's wedding, but features 4 of my closest high school girlfriends, plus B, via the cell in my hand. L, this weekend's bride, is on the left.]

1 comment:

L said...

so...i have to admit...i'm a blog stalker of your blog! :) i found you through my dear friend Julie's blog. however, i am super excited b/c i know 3 of those gals in this picture from my time with them at Auburn! what great friends you have! i want you to know that i love reading your blogs...you are such a great story-teller!