Friday, October 3, 2008

I Can Do This!

Day one without tea completed. Headache: 1, A: 0. I did drink a lot more water though, so I think there's hope. My mom slipped me the best of all secrets this morning over (her) morning coffee, "You know, they do make green tea." Brilliant.
First and second battle with the whitestrips over. The problems (as I see them) are:
1) Getting into the box. Holy Fort Knox of Packaging, Batman! My kit was from Sam's, where they bolster the toothpaste and strips box in double package, like those toys you used to get at Christmas. You remember, the kind that made you curse Santa and his eight little reindeer? I started with scissors, then moved to a chef's knife, then back to scissors. On to prayer, then to begging, back to scissors. Success.
2) Getting the strips off their little paper backing. I finally figured it out, but the thought did run through my mind, "I know I'm smart enough to use whitestrips." Nothing like a little light reflection while bleaching any part of your body.
3) Having something (or even the thought of something) in your mouth induces drooling. So while I may know I'm smart enough to use the strips, I certainly don't look or sound like it.

I'm still making my way (why is it best not to brush just before using the strips?) but overall I'm pleased. Whiter already, or at least that's what my gullible self believes.

I woke up to the perfect, crisp Alabama morning and am now off to meet some of my best girlfriends in the world for a bridesmaids luncheon, then maybe a little shopping, then onto rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It's a pretty perfect day. Happy early weekend to all!

1 comment:

cps said...

"csshhhh csshhhh" is that how you sound with your whitestrips???!!!

heheheheheh