Monday, October 20, 2008

A Fiance By Any Other Name...

When B and I first started dating, I often transposed the letters in his name. No, I'm not dyslexic, but, when misspelled, his name actually spells another word. Plus, I was in Intro to Psychology at the time, so I think that played into it...

Clearly, I've gotten over mistyping my sweetheart's name, but now it's happening again, only this time, it's his new status.

My fingers don't like typing fiance. Maybe they want the accent in there (which is nearly impossible on blogger or most mail programs). Maybe they're ready to move on to "husband." I don't know, but I do know that every time I type "fiance," it comes out "finance." (It doesn't take an Intro to Psychology course to read into that I assure you.)

Worse, because it's not technically a misspelled word, spell check doesn't alert me to my typo, leaving me open to calling my sweet B "my finance," making him somewhat of a pimp or meal ticket or God knows what else.

I'm working on it, me and my fingers. But for now, for goodness sakes, if you see the word "finance" on here, give me the benefit of the doubt... or at least just assume that I'm worried about the upcoming questions from the priest about our budget.

No comments: