Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Incredible, Edible Us

B and I got our first engagement present this weekend. Ok, that's not true. Really, B's parents got their first present, but I loved it so much that I begged to take it home and set it up in my apartment. It's a cookie bouquet from a family friend of theirs featuring me as the "Southern Bride," B as the groom in white tails and a top hat, his mom and dad in formal wear, a ring with our engagement on it, two doves with "Love" written on them, and his two brothers sporting college colors and baseball caps...all in sugar cookie wonderfulness.
These family friends have sent bouquets before, but this is the first time I've ever been included in the family and I'm super excited (see hands sneaking into picture).

The real debate is about eating it. I know the cookies are good, but I want to look at them forever! But I also know that B's leaving on Friday, so we want to celebrate all we can before that, and that there's no way he'll let me move that basket out of my apartment. May as well indulge now, right? We'll see. At least I've got a great picture (thanks, B!).
PS. When it rains, it pours (in a great way... see Malachi 3:10). We got another gift yesterday morning. B's coworkers had us over for dinner and we raved about the cookbook they used so much that they sent us one as an engagement present! The book it Frank Stitt's Southern Table. It's extra special to us because it's a Birmingham-based restaurant with local dishes. I know it'll be wonderful to have for years to come! And no, this is not the official thank you note for either.

No comments: