Wednesday, August 6, 2008

By Request... The Bling

I've had lots of Facebook requests for a photo of my ring, but I just feel so weird posting it up there, especially because I'd have to make a new album for it. So it would be like "My Ring," which I may as well title "Compliment Me, Dang it!" Granted, I do LOVE my ring, which makes me want to brag about it, run around showing it off, and only pick up, move, or adjust things with my left hand. 5,000 times a day.
So I thought it'd be a little more private to post it here, in my own little world, where I can be giddy and happy about how pretty it is and how much it means to me.

B picked it out himself (go B!) and, it's crazy, but I think my favorite part is the little side diamonds. Not the ones on the band, but the ones on either side of the stone that really only I can see (when I look down at my hand from above) and he can see (when he kisses my hand, which he often does). He had the ring created based on another ring, but then added these two little guys so I'd have something special to look at. It's amazing how much I appreciate how he thinks of the little things. He could've put a smiley face there and it'd make me grin just the same. Just so long as it sparkled. :)

So here's the best present I've ever gotten and the biggest promise I've ever made, so far, all wrapped up in a neat package that sits on my left hand.

Question for you... I keep finding my ring on my right hand (twice now), which I think means I play with it a lot (and have only ever worn rings on my right hand until now). How long until it feels normal? Currently my showers are averaging about 30 minutes because I'm afraid to open my fingers, so it's like washing with one fork (right hand) and one spoon (left hand). Ah, engaged life.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only neurotic one who washed my hair with closed fingers for a month! My engagement ring was slightly loose (and it was winter, so my fingers weren't swollen like in August) so I was downright terrified of it falling off in the dorm showers (yuck). Your ring is so beautiful, as are you!

marybgreenway said...

I love it. Thanks for suggesting new online reading material.
Your ring is beautiful, yes you will be overly protective of it for a while. I thought my diamond was loose and could "hear" it rattle, and was convinced the jewler was on crack because he kept trying (yes I went back more than once) to assure me it was not loose.
You will eventually get over it, and I am sorry to say, the diamond you think is so big will somehow shrink over time, but you will always love it! You may just put it on the back of a dorm sink while you are (gross) washing your dishes in your bathroom sink (totally grosses me out now) and knock it between the sink and the wall and therefore in the actual inner if the porcelin sink.