Wednesday, August 6, 2008

All By My Lonesome

Last night we helped K move out of our apartment. I'd been dreading this day for a few weeks now, but I have to say that after B's big question, it's like my life suddenly took a side road turnoff. I'm going to miss her so much... late night Gilmore Girls marathons, bagged salad in a shared bowl, and lots of red wine... but these days I just feel like there's so much for me to look forward to. I get to live by myself for a while, and get used to taking care of myself without having someone else there as a sounding board all the time. That's got to be a good thing!
The move went off without a hitch. K had been packing for days, so when the time came, it took about 3 hours start to finish to load the caravan of cars (and the reward cooler of beer), drive the 5 miles across town, and unload all the boxes, drawers, and clothes into the main room of her house.

Her house, by the way, is super cute. Porch swing! Back deck! Lawn with real plants! My heart flip-flopped a little.

B was such a champ. He and C, K's boy(friend), moved all the heavy stuff and even got the mattress and box springs set up while the rest of us hustled the little boxes marked "Shoes" or "Decor" inside. (Gotta love a girl's filing system!)

I went through this morning and started cleaning out the leftover odds and ends and dumping the trash bags. K still has to come get a few things for Good Will, but mom and dad come tomorrow so I've got to get the place ready for them!

Things never slow down, do they?

No comments: