Thursday, August 14, 2008

Disney Does Bridal?

The world is ending. Disney has realized that their most captive audience (obviously pre-Pixar) is growing up, but isn't quite old enough to start re-purchasing all those classics for their own babies just yet. So instead, they've introduced a "be your own princess" line of Bridal dresses fit for, well, a queen?
Take a peek and tell me if you don't think it's odd that a) Jasmine's name is the only princess that's qualified with "Disney's Princess Jasmine" title, like we might forget her, b) that Snow White's bridesmaids line looks just like the poison apple (very cheery for my big day, thanks), and c) that the dresses that are gorgeous are on the rotating tout and no where in the bridal line. What gives, Disney?

I do love a few key things about it.

1) If I were a flower girl, I'd KILL to wear those swingy, puffy dresses. Seriously, you could have all my pogs, or whatever they were.

2) I love that, with each platinum gown (??) sold, the designer donates $125 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The cynic in my wonders how much they cost. The realist acknowledges they aren't sold in Alabama. Hm... but they are in Georgia. B will be thrilled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think they only added Disney princess to jasmine's name because they invented her as a character unlike snow white etc. that existed already