Monday, January 5, 2009

Wedding Planning Moment of the Day

Me: So I was watching this show about a paralyzed pregnant woman giving birth.

B: Um, ok.

Me: And the baby wasn't coming out.

B: Um, ok.

Me: And they told the lady they had to either use forceps or this weird thing that looked like a macbook power cord. They attached it to the baby's head then used suction to pull it out. The lady kept saying to be careful with the baby's head, but when the baby came out, it looked like it had a beanie on, but it was its head!

B: Um, ok.

Me: So I'm just saying that if I'm ever in that position...

B: Paralyzed?

Me: No, in labor.

B: Oh

Me: Then I want you to be on suction watch. No suction things that pull the baby out by the head.

B: At that point you may just want the baby out.

Me: True. In which case we'd just tie dental floss to it and slam the door.

B: If you say that in a delivery room, I will laugh my ass off.

Me: I'd expect as much.

No comments: