Friday, January 30, 2009

Prayers

There are a lot of things in my life that I take for granted, not in the least of which include the love and support of my parents, the friends I have in my life, every last bit and detail of B, and the security of knowing I have a place to live, food to eat, and people to run to if either of those needs went unmet.

This week I've been so reminded of keeping perspective. I found out last week that my sister-in-law in pregnant again, which will bring her personal total of kids to three and our family total of monkeys to seven, come August 2009. It's a joy and a wonder and a miracle and everyone in my family is just as equally enthralled and excited for the new addition.

And then this week, I heard news from two separate friend circles about little babies in trouble. In one case, my friend H wrote on her blog about a neighbor losing her three-month-old baby girl in her sleep, from what I assume might be SIDS.

In another friend group, one of B's high school friends gave birth to twins, both of whom seem to be fighting their way out of danger.

So today, I am particularly thankful for the healthy babies in my life, and prayerful for the ones that are fighting to stay in the race.

No comments: