Monday, August 3, 2009

One-Year Anniversary

One year ago today B was getting ready to pop the question. This morning on the way to the car, he looked at me and said, "Happy Anniversary, Baby." In my sleepy stupor (it was 5:45 am), I protested, "No no... the ninth isn't... oh you mean the engagement!" Sweet sweet boy. So fun!

I dropped him off at the airport for his flight to Chicago (day trip for work), and on the way I asked what he remembered about that date. Nothing! I think he was focused on getting to the question while I ended up looking back and cataloging everything about that day, starting with church and ending with Champagne. So much fun.

Happy one year anniversary to us. A year ago now I was sitting on the couch in pajamas with a big glass of apple juice and reruns of Law & Order: SVU. Poor girl-- she had no idea that she was about to be thrust on a crazy nine-month whirlwind!

Looking back, while I wish I could've married B a year ago tomorrow, I wouldn't change a thing. Loved having the fun emails, calls, and visits with Mom. Loved introducing B's parents to Florence. Loved it all.

He gets back late tonight, so we're celebrating with a low-key dinner at a favorite place. I can't wait!

1 comment:

cps said...

whaaaaatttt!!1 he should have called!