Friday, August 21, 2009

(Another) Big Day!

Today's the day! We're off to great places, we're off and away!

Ok, enough of Dr. Seuss (though I do love the book!). Today, we've got business to take care of. The movers are booked (and confirmed), the truck is on the road, and the move is officially underway. Say a prayer for us as we make it to Atlanta tonight and celebrate that completed portion of the journey with some fabulous Champagne.

Last night was a blast-- we threw a surprise party for a dear Birmingham girlfriend and she was, so far as I could tell, actually surprised! Big thanks to B who had to talk some sense into the Publix lady after they forgot our balloon order. The things I make him say and do... "Yes, six purple, six blue, please." I love you, B!

The party happened amidst a monsoon, but we had a fantastic time. B & I crashed early last night, but actually got a lot of packing done this morning.

Win of the day? Charter Communications, who took by our modem/closed our account in a record two minutes. Big fan! Wasn't a huge fan when my internet was running at stone-age capacity a few weeks ago, but B was the "win of the day" then for figuring it all out anyway.

The next time I post, we'll be living in our new home-- the third in this brief three month adventure. And, yes, I'll be sure to post a picture of sweet baby Carolyn then!

No comments: