Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To the Victor Goes the Gift Bag

We won! And by "we" I mean that I won and B also won (by proxy) in that I'm already having the perfect Valentine's Day. What could be better?

I got an email Tuesday morning from B's Mom, congratulating the two of us, then another from the lady running the contest saying my gift would be available for pick up (personal chef not included) on Friday. I told her I'd be visiting my Quiznos Valentine in Durham this weekend, and could I come a little sooner.

So that's how I ended up at the office of MyScoop this morning at 9am picking up quite the random collection of Valentine's Day gifts including (but not limited to) no fewer than four pairs of panties (really?), a lovely pair of earrings from Bromberg's, a fun tshirt with Beatles lyrics on it, and a bottle of really, really pink alcohol.

Even as I was looking through the bag, I realized that there were several things I'd be giving away to friends (what fun are festive wine glasses without friends to share them with?) and yet I was so excited to have something warm, fuzzy, and simple to start the day off right.

Thanks to all who voted. You made my Valentine's Day bright!