Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding Planning Moment of the Day

At the bridal fair last week, I signed up for a few different things like more information on wedding videos, honeymoon spots, or pre-registration for your registry (Whaa?). For some reason, I'm pretty sure I was blindsided by a free picture frame or something else just as shiny, I signed up at David's Bridal. Basically that meant that if I wanted to go in and look for bridesmaids dresses, etc, I wouldn't have to sit around and fill out their paperwork for 30 minutes. But now, I'm so glad I signed up, because this is what I found in my inbox today:

Your Weekly Wedding Planning Report

Dear A,

There are now 8 months , 1 week and 3 days until your wedding.

Ha! The countdown is ON! Before today, I had assumed we had more like 9.5 months, which feels like forever. I mean, I could make a human in that amount of time. Not that I would, but still. It's a good indicator of time. Now, there wouldn't be time for that. Crazy.
Other countdowns? A week from yesterday, I'll be 25. I think I said in a previous post that I'd like to work on being more selfless between then and my birthday. Then I got engaged. Technically, I could say that all I think about is B. But still pretty selfish of me. (What? He's AMAZING! Deal with it.)
In case the above wedding countdown isn't specific enough for you, here are the hard facts:

248 days
or
5980hours
or
358805 minutes
or
21528270 seconds
It is 249 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes and 44 seconds until Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 2:00:00 PM.
But who's counting...

No comments: