Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wedding in a Bag

Some people plan their weddings around cakes. Others around dresses. The crazy, crazy kids out there plan their around the venue, typically a serene outdoor setting on the beach or lakeside next to a gorgeous cabin setting. So is it that much of a stretch that I'm considering planning my wedding around a comforter?

I know, I know, focal points are for living rooms, but still. I've been keeping lists of things I like--flagging pictures in magazines, saving images from websites, and, most recently, grabbing an image from a RuLaLa online sale of Anabella Fiorento's latest bedding. I was scrolling by the luxurious and super-puffy looking duvets when I stumbled onto this bad boy. Let's do the math... Green? Check. Brown? Bonus points. (I can almost hear mom sighing now.)

I don't think it'll happen, but just the fact that I liked the bedding enough to save it to my work desktop to add to the wedding file says something about me. Freud would have a heyday with this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw them on Rue la la - have you slept on them before? are they just awesome? I don't know if I can justify spending $60 bucks on sheets although the most I have spent is like $50...

A said...

I haven't slept on them, but I do advocate springing for good sheets. I bought a few sets of "sateen" sheets a few years ago. Best purchase ever. My dad and I picked them by wandering through BB&B and testing all the fabric samples. We found the softest one and I went for it. Little did I know that the sheen had rubbed off the sample swatch, so when we made my bed that afternoon, it was beyond silky. My dad=Not pleased. "B better never see these sheets," he said. Ah memories.
Bottom line? Don't spring for sheets you haven't at least touched. The label can be super fancy and the sheets still rough. Bad news.

cps said...

GREEN and BROWN??

nooooo. you? really? huh.

A said...

Ok, I should've been more clear... Green dresses. Pink flowers. Brown accent ribbons on the tablescapes. Don't read too far into this... we also like champagne dresses with red flowers. So we're either going springy/summer or something a little more elegant. Then again, I just told my dad I wanted fresh donuts at the end of the night, so I'd say everything is up in the air.