Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I didn't steal it; I just borrowed it."

CNN covered the 43 worst responses to interview questions in a recent article. My favorites:

What are your hobbies and interests?
"[He said] 'Well, as you can see, I'm a young, virile man and I'm single -- if you ladies know what I'm saying.' Then he looked at one of the fair-haired board members and said, 'I particularly like blondes.'" - Petri R.J. Darby, president, darbyDarnit Public Relations

What kind of computer software have you used?
"Computers? Are those the black boxes that sit on the floor next to the desks? My boss has one of those. He uses it. I don't have one. He just gives me my schedule and I follow it." - Greg Szymanski, director of human resources, Geonerco Management, Inc

What are your assets? (as in strengths)
"Well, I do own a bike." - Pam Venné, principal, The Venné Group

Do you have any questions?
"What do you want me to do if I cannot walk to work if it's raining? Can you pick me up?" - Christine Pechstein, career coach

Maybe Christine should hook her guy up with Pam's...

No comments: