Monday, November 3, 2008

Wedding Planning Moment of the Day

Ok, so sometimes I do weird things when I'm bored an online, like I was last night just before going to bed. After I'd run through my usual list of stalling sites (tmz, cnn, msn, facebook, this blog...), I decided to go googling. I googled my name, but no luck... there are a million of me, including one very famous childhood star with lots of fan websites. To actually google me, you have to know one other defining characteristic, like where I went to college or high school.
But B, B's name is very distinct. I'd never googled him but, hey, it'll be my name soon too, so I may as well check out what comes up when you google his last night.

There it was-- a fake wedding website listing empty registries! I guess the bridal show I went to sold my name and info to vendors (for my convenience. Sure.), so when you googled his name (which friends might do when hunting a wedding website for us), these two empty registries came up for JCPenny and Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Oh, I'm on it. I already called both and asked for the accounts to be deleted, and have since hit up WeddingChannel.com, where the registries (empty, mind you) were hosted. Hopefully it'll go away soon. I'm not sure what's worse, having people find our registry when the simply google our names, or having them find a empty registry when searching our names. Oy.

It was weird though to google his name and see mine pop up. Looks like the web is about six months and a few days ahead.

1 comment:

cps said...

how did we room together for years and you have not googled your future husband's name?

awed
appalled
astounded
baffled