Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Standing Mixer

My Mom knows that, since college, I've dreamed of having a standing mixer. Ah, to make a layer cake without the arm going numb from the vibrations of the hand mixer! To be fair, this is not a daily struggle--I'm not aching to make my own pasta or anything, but I'm just enchanted by them. They symbolize all things good to me. Pound cakes. Holidays. Family recipes. Time in the kitchen with Mom and Grandmas. Christmas cookies. Plus they're pretty.

That said, my brother nailed it on the head a few years ago when he said, "I don't think you like to cook. You like to bake." And that's true. Granted, I've expanded my interests these days, hence the Thanksgiving adventure (still to come!), but still.

So when Mom sent me this comic strip, it just warmed my heart down to my toes. Thanks, Mom!

To make it bigger where you can read it, click on the strip. If you still can't read it, follow along below:
Cathy: The electric mixer is a classic symbol of comfort and home. During this time of economic angst, I'm ready to take the helm and fill our house with happy, reassuring homemade tastes and smells!
What's His Name: Really?? You're going to start cooking dinner every night??
Cathy: Don't be silly. Dinner can be ordered. I do desserts!

1 comment:

~Mariah~ said...

I have to tell you, standing mixer ranks pretty high on my short list entitled: "reasons to stop living in sin and get married already" ~;o)