Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Time!

B and I tackled a big Fall job today: carving the pumpkin! I learned something new today, a few things, actually. 1) The larger the pumpkin ("I want the big one, B!"), the thicker the wall you have to cut through. Perhaps I shouldn't have had B digging through the bins at Sams for the biggest boy. 2) When your husband tells you to trace the stencil of the pumpkin face, he means to cut the area of the pumpkin face out of the stencil first, THEN trace it. Long story short, pumpkin is done and looking great!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Fabulous. Love the scary mouth. I would never have the patience to do that. All our pumpkins have toothless smiles.
I am in the middle of a HUGE batch of pumpkin butter. You would be proud of me. Don't be surprised if I show up with a pint for all of you on Tuesday. I'm up to my ears in the stuff!