Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Great Night

B had a great idea tonight and we ended up having a wonderful night with two of our nieces and my sister. Pizza, mixing peanut butter and chocolate, and a splish-splash worthy bath time. But the best, oh the best, was listening to B read during story time. He read one story about princesses and another about a new kitten. He was tested ("I can't see the pictures" "Why is he doing that?"), but he pressed on like a champ despite nonsensical interruptions, like the one-year-old's statement, "I'm going to go find a purse for Ella to put her blanket in." You can't argue with that!

My sister said it best when we talked later, "Doesn't it make you fall in love with them all over again when you see them with kids?" I agree completely, and would even take it to the next level saying there's nothing like seeing the love in kids' eyes when looking up to the man you love. They judge mercilessly and they don't have to like you; kids are real!

So we had a wonderful night of pizza and hot dogs (a last minute request from the kiddos), plus apple slices loaded with peanut butter and cranberries. Life, my friends, is good.

No comments: