Monday, October 19, 2009

Best Husband Ever

First cold of the marriage descended today. B was sick a few months ago, but this is my first bout. It's ok, though. I spent all last year praying against sickness (there was no time!), so I'm pretty much due.

When I woke up this morning, I moaned and groaned and declared myself a sickie. B, while trying to get ready for school, managed to bring my all my work stuff ("to be used only if you feel better"), three magazines, an extra blanket, Gatorade, two kinds of medicine, and my phone, to be answered when he called to check in later.

Three hours later I'm not all better, but I feel so much better and super loved. And to say thanks, I'm meticulously cleaning everything I touch in an effort to keep him from catching the ick. I love you, B!

Oh, and by the way, when I say that I prayed not to get sick, I mean made a deal with the Devil, begged all three members of the Holy Trinity, and almost learned to use a rosary. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was sick, but it was at least a year and a half ago. Thank you God!

No comments: