Monday, October 5, 2009

October Sunburn

Yes, that's right friends. At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I got sunburned this weekend at the beach. In October. And I'm no lily these days; we've spent more time in the sun in the past two months than I have in the past two years combined! (Again, there goes that quasi-bragging radar).

B and I got a call from his parents last week that they were coming up to enjoy the beach for a few days, so we packed up on Saturday morning and headed for the ocean. Never one to pack light, I took our entire fridge (it happens), but that meant we had plenty of random food for snacks and, of course, wine!

We got there in time to get lunch at my favorite pizza joint on the island, then get set up before his parents arrived. After a long walk on the beach and a little sitting time on the porch, B and his Dad headed out to the fish market where they picked up some amazing jumbo shrimp and delicious tuna steaks. I wish we lived on the shore! Soon enough, I suppose.

It was great seeing his parents, and having a few hours to spend in the (shockingly strong) October sunshine. We stayed most of Sunday, heading out after a fantastic dinner with his Grandpa. Football, sun, sand, shrimp... This is the good life.

No comments: