Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Things I'm Learning About Florida


1. It rains. Every day. Between 3 and bedtime, we get at least two solid downpours. As in, two minutes before I took these photos I was thinking, "Maybe I'll go for a walk." And then, boom. Pouring. Makes it hard to get out.

2. It's hot. Hotter than I expected it to be. I mean, we live only 300 miles further south and it's THIS much hotter? Granted, we went 300 miles even further south (story to come) and it was mind-melting hot.

3. Apparently tomatoes turn out watery. Don't buy Florida tomatoes, or so says my peach guy at the farmer's market.

4. Bugs. We spray down every time we walk out. For real. The can lives on our porch.

That's not to say that I don't love Florida, it's just a learning curve moving here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: