Thursday, August 26, 2010

6pm

It's 6pm (ok, now 7) and, yes, it's flooding in Florida. No one told me we were moving to a rain forest where it would pour buckets every day!

Actually, though, I don't mind it one bit. I'm sitting here, finishing editing, waiting for B to come home from work. Hm... it is likely that B will be bothered by said rain. I think all he has is my old personal umbrella (or "umbuhnella", as our nieces say it), which is lime green, tiny, and, last I checked, didn't fight against horizontal rain.

But I'm thankful. I love the sound of rain, and the (welcome) isolating feeling it brings. Just wish B were here to enjoy it with me. We have our best naps when it's pouring! Other things to be thankful for? It'll likely cool off the ground, which is always nice, and wash away some of the bugs, and maybe even get that lizard off our garbage can who has been thwarting my attempt to take the trash out.

See? All good things. Maybe I'll nap after all...

No comments: