Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Normally I wouldn't...


But because this is new, and I am new on here, maybe it will help. Plus it'll get me over that whole "your business is your business" stuff. Honestly, my business is clearly everyone's business.


10 years ago I was:

Spending the summer on the lake enjoying life and no worries before Sophomore year of high school. I went to nerd camp at Clemson, studying astronomy and physics (seriously?), and basketball team camp at UNC, personal camp at Duke. But mostly I tanned, tubed, swam, ate, watched movies, and pined over a boy who turned out to be a distant cousin. Ouch.


5 years ago I was:

About to start my junior year at Princeton. I spent the summer in D.C. working for Roll Call Newspaper on The Hill, which basically meant I worked for free and had a lot of fun. Highlights included pictures in the massive chair in front of the art school, visiting every museum on the mall, and walking the two miles between my apartment and B's at every hour of the day and night. I also met Ozzie Smith, but that's another story...


1 year ago I was:

Rejoicing that I'd just gotten my first full-time, benefits included, 401K ready job at a food website. I spent the month before traveling to see B play minor league ball, and visiting Las Vegas, Sandestin, and South Carolina. One year ago exactly I was probably crying in my cube at work because I didn't understand our online publishing system. But I got over it.


5 things on my TO DO list today:

1. Bake the sourdough bread that's rising in the safety of my oven

2. Clean the apartment so the girls can come over for drinks after dinner

3. Go to CVS for much-needed staples (as in products, not metal)

4. Set the grilling Drinks page for online publish tomorrow

5. Staff meeting at 11


5 snacks I enjoy:

1. Salty chips

2. Salty chips with salsa

3. Salty chips with hummus

4. Mini chocolate crunch bars (in the red wrapper)

5. Strawberries


If I were a billionaire I would:

1. Invest

2. Set up college funds for my nieces and nephews

3. Buy a little cottage-style house

4. Endow Christmas dinners at a local charity forever

5. Take a week each year to visit a non-profit, learn, and help


5 bad habits:

1. Picking when I get stressed

2. Stressing when I get nervous

3. Piling clean clothes in heaps on my bed

4. Leaving said piles for weeks on end

5. Dreaming big, not following through


5 places I have lived:

1. Florence, AL

2. Washington D.C.

3. New York, NY

4. Princeton, NJ

5. Birmingham, AL


5 jobs I have had

1. Senior Decor Writer, Bliss Magazine

2. Reporter, Roll Call Newspaper

3. Freelance Contributor, Daily Guideposts

4. Temptern, Southern Living Magazine

5. Assistant Producer, unnamed food website (ha.)

1 comment:

cps said...

also:
5 years ago...wondering what i was/you were doing, about to live with someone i/you barely knew.

GOOD DECISION.
really good.