Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Warning

Driving home last night, I got pulled over. I went through a yellow light coming off the interstate and, like magic, flashing blue lights appeared in my rear windshield. I pulled over, where a lovely lady gave me a warning and sent me on my way.

I got home and told B (after calling my Mom back; who likes being hung up on with the phrase, "Uh oh Mom, I'm being pulled over") and we had a good "whew!" laugh as I told him all the things I didn't say to the officer, like...

"If your lights were shorter, I wouldn't try to run them."

"Of course it was red by the time I got through; the intersection is 100 yards long!"

God help me, I DID have on my "I Make Stuff Up" t-shirt. That's no good!

After some down time with B, I crawled into bed and sough absolution like any good Southern girl would do by reading my Baptist church cookbook. I thanked God for my warning and decided to make beef stroganoff this weekend. All is well.

No comments: