Thursday, September 24, 2009

B Hates Needles

B hates needles. The first time I found out about this was when he refused to get a flu shot in college. He finally agreed to, only to encounter a rather large, rather angry nurse who quite literally stabbed him with the needle, in spite of his polite request for her to give him a little notice.

So today he heard Duke was giving out free flu shots, and the discussion went something like this.

B: They're offering free flu shots, should I go right now?

Me: I'll trust you on this one. I know that if I could get our free work one, I would, but Iwe'll be out of town.

(Translation: I'd love you to get one, but I'm not telling you to get one in case you get the flu next week as a result.)

B: It's done. That's how much I love you.

Me: You have no idea what that means to me.

No comments: