Thursday, December 4, 2008

An Even Six

B called me a few minutes ago during a break in classes...

B: I just called the new Father at the Florence church.

Me: Uh oh.

B: He seems confused why we'd want him to perform the ceremony if we already know the Abbot and the Abbot is only going to be 90 miles away.

Me: But we don't know the Abbot either!

B: I know, I tried to tell him that and he said that he thought the Abbot would be much more qualified.

Me: For goodness sakes. Is this six? Or is it seven.

B: I don't even want to think about it.

We're tabling the conversation until he's done with classes. Luckily, we both find this whole thing pretty hilarious. Who has this much trouble finding a priest? I feel like a used car--we've already done premarital counseling, have our paperwork processed, and are totally up for a traditional ceremony, no kooky twists included. Take us off the lot today!

No comments: