Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas in Atlanta

Christmas this year was such a blast-- we went from a Monkey Christmas (paint! snow! chaos!) to Florence (baking! food! movies!) to Atlanta, where I had my first Christmas with B's family. It was so great!

We started the morning with mimosas and chocolate croissants, a K family tradition (one which I'm happy to adopt, by the way) and a little breakfast casserole (a family tradition of mine) before settling around the tree to open presents.

It was such a nice way to celebrate Christmas morning. We spent an hour or so leisurely opening presents, then B and I enjoyed a nice walk before we started helping with the amazing feast of beef tenderloin and all the trimmings.

All in all, it was an amazing Christmas. I had lots of thoughts of my family (it was my first Christmas away from home!) and, of course, Dad, but B's family was amazing and made everything ok, better than ok. It was wonderful.

No comments: