Monday, June 8, 2009

Newlywed Moment of the Day

7:15 Alarm goes off. B gets up and heads for the shower.

7:25 B back from shower. I pretend to wake up in an effort to continue my "breakfast together" initiative, where I at least hand B a breakfast bar as he heads out the door.

7:26 I fall back asleep, promptly enter a deep sleep and dream that I hop out of bed and have this conversation with B:

Me: What do you want for breakfast sweetie?
B: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk.
Me: Strawberry jelly, right?
B: Right.

Dream A scampers upstairs.

7:50 B wakes me up to kiss me goodbye. Conversation begins...

Me: Do you still want a peanut butter and jelly with milk?
B: What? Go back to sleep.

Just now I called B to see how his day went, then asked if he remembered the PBJ moment:

B: Yeah I do, that was just weird.
Me: You married it.
B: I didn't marry that!

Aw, the fun continues.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Haha! On our first day back from the honeymoon I was bound and determined to fix Ben lunch to take with him to work. I did it once. Never again. hahaha!
Such lofty goals.