Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cousin Camp: Christmas Edition


I'm so worn out that I can hardly type. Of course, I say that as B works furiously to finish his last paper before the holidays (yea! 70+ pages!!) and as I look at the laundry list of things we have to do before leaving town tomorrow morning. What list, you ask? Well, let's just say it includes packing for two very different climates, one holiday, one birthday, taking down a Christmas tree, and the usual pre-trip things, like laundry, dishes, and general cleaning up. Whew!

But, before we get to all of that, let's talk about this week. This week, friends, the cousins came to town. And by cousins, I mean all the cousins. Seven-and-a-half little people plus eight adults gathered to celebrate an early Christmas. And boy did we.

The festivities got underway on Tuesday when my sister-in-law Bets and her two kiddos arrived. Wednesday, her husband got in, plus Mom, my other sister-in-law, and her three kids. We spent the next few days hitting the park, painting, making (and decorating!) Christmas cookies, attending preschool sing-alongs, opening presents, reading stories, enjoying mass bath time (for those four years of age and under only, please), changing diapers, changing clothes, playing in the freshly fallen snow (whaa?), making and eating Christmas dinner, taking a holiday pajama picture for Mom/Nana, and more.

You can think about this crew in diapers, changes of clothes, sippy cups, or hugs needed, but however you choose to quantify it, know that it was a wonderful, welcome week of madness. Did I mention that the original point of this weekend was to celebrate a friend's marriage? Ah, but we'll get to that. For now, I thought you'd like to see a little bit of my life this week. More to come.

No comments: