Monday, February 13, 2012

Not-So-Newlywed Comment of the Day

B, working hard at the desk, stops for a break and flops down beside me on the couch.

B: What are we watching?
Me: Hoarders: Buried Alive
B (moaning quite loudly): Ooouugh. Can we please not watch this?
Me: Sure! No problem.
(clicks 'last')
B: What is this?
Me: The Notebook.
B: OOOOUUGH. Can we PLEASE not watch THIS?
Me: It was too easy! I had to get you...

It should be noted that B isn't a remote tyrant. Rather he is, in turns, avidly against watching other people in pain (hence, the no-go on Hoarders) and against all things he thinks he should be as a man.

Case in point? After we found Criminal Minds, he told me he'd never even seen The Notebook.

The horror! At least now I know what to ask for for my birthday...

No comments: