Thursday, February 25, 2010

Take That, Delta!

Oh yes, another day, another Delta adventure. Here's the update I sent my girlfriends about returning from the Mexico vacation:

Lowlight of the trip? Having to beg Delta to hold the flight five minutes so Kristi, Tim, Ella, and Sienna could catch up with us. They refused. I had to go get Tim, who ran with Sienna, while I ran back to a trotting, pregnant Kristi, and grabbed Ella and sprinted to the gate. So it was me, Ella, Brian, Tim, & Sienna at the gate and the woman goes, "where's the other person?" all huffy and defiant. I was like, "She's running as fast as pregnant can run!" And yes, Brian and I were not quiet that she was making it clear that Delta's policy (after holding us on the tarmac for 30 minutes on the previous flight) is to, in fact, make a three year old, a two year old, and a pregnant lady run to make a flight even when they have hard and fast evidence that they are in the same terminal. Highlight? They made the flight.

Love it! Here's the exchange I had with three-year-old Ella as we ran:

Ella: Why are we running?
Me: Because Delta's going to give away our seats.
Ella: Why will they give away our seats?
Me: Because we are late and they are evil.

No comments: