Thursday, February 25, 2010

Becoming An Adult: Checking My Credit History

Tonight I decided to put on my big girl panties and take care of a few things. No, that didn't include putting away the laundry from our vacation that B so lovingly washed. It also didn't include making dinner from scratch (thank you leftover formerly homemade fresh-from-the-freeze meatloaf!). It did, however, include "finishing" our tax prep (fingers crossed on that!) and getting my credit history.
As B and I move toward buying a house (we're still a year or so out), I thought it might be a good idea to check up on my history to make sure there were no other As out there pretending to be me. Wouldn't that be a beast to find out when going for a home loan? Thank you, First Time Homeowners' nightmare experiences (anyone seen that show?).
So far, everything looks great. It did make me panic at first: Will giving all this information turn out to be some kind of scam that then tramples my credit? That, dear readers, would be a true beast.
So here we go. Growing up!

No comments: