Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Visitors!

I knew Mom (the lovely lady pictured here) was coming through Atlanta after the holidays. B's Mom was fabulous and invited my aunt, uncle, and cousin over for a "low key" dinner. Little did I know they were bringing a surprise visitor: MY Grandma!

I was so excited and shocked that I didn't get any pictures with her on my camera, but it was such a treat to see Grandma. She's ... 93? And amazing. Rolled in wearing her fur coat and a big smile. To B's Mom, a big thank you for making my Christmas a little longer!

I did love hearing the story after the surprise. Apparently, Grandma had been calling Mike and Kim (starting early in the am) to discuss what she was bringing for the surprise, including half a rum cake. Kim told me she woke up one morning to hear B's Dad already on the phone with Grandma. Bless her!

If Christmas really is all about family, then I got my full dose this year. Blessed, indeed!

No comments: