Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas 2010

This is what Christmas at B's family's house looks like: Delicious fun.

Christmas this year was wonderful. It was a little bit of a bummer that I had to work on Christmas Eve morning, but that's what I get for loving bakery work! We left after I finished and caroled our way to Atlanta, where we were greeted with the traditional family Christmas Eve dinner: Shrimp Casserole, among other tasty treats!

On Christmas morning, we started with plain croissants and mimosas, then opened stockings. Then we moved onto chocolate croissants, and more mimosas. Then family presents. One thing I love about B's family is that they're where my family was a few years ago (ok, almost seven). Since there are no Santa-crazed kiddos, we simply enjoy the morning, taking it slow and even opening presents one at a time.

By the time we finished, it was time to cook! The spread in the picture above was the start of the Christmas feast. B's neighbor/almost aunt always joins them for Christmas, often with her sister and always with her son. Besides being great cooks, they're a blast to have around the dinner table!

My joy didn't end on Christmas; The next day, I got a big surprise...

No comments: