Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lately

I feel like God has been telling me a lot of things lately. Unfortunately, "go forth and blog" is not one of them!

Normally I'm not one of those people that feels like God tells them things. I go to church because I believe and I like the way I experience the service; I don't expect to get "handwriting on the wall" style sermons each time I slide into the pew.

Lately, however, it's been different. B and I are making a lot of decisions these days, some big (Where will we live? What job should B take?) and some less big, but still really weighty (What car should be purchase?). I decided over Christmas, when I realized I was sleeping less again, to be intentional about praying about specific things. Ironically, I feel like God gave me one answer directly, but it was the one we don't really need just yet. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

A week ago, on MLK day, I had a day off from volunteering and started to feel and overwhelming sense of "what the heck am I doing", so I applied for a job and started looking for others. Of course, by the time I got a call about the job later than afternoon, I'd already felt peace returning. Moments after I'd submitted my application, my current boss had emailed me, telling me I'd be getting more hours at the bakery. Peace. Of course, I still had to go to the job interview that afternoon (and yes, B was flabbergasted when he got home and asked the usually routine question, "How was your day?").

So now I'm trying to remember that God does give answers and when I feel that he doesn't, or isn't working in my timeline, then the answer just isn't ready yet. So when you pray, if you pray, pray for us. For peace, calm, and clarity. And maybe for a little extra sleep. :)

No comments: