Monday, December 13, 2010

Gone Baby, Gone

This week our landlord found sweet Olivia a new home. Which is good. It's wonderfully, actually, as we're hitting record lows this week (2o in the morning is "optimistic"; pray for the Florida crops!).

But for me, for us, it's a little sad. Our first pet! My welcoming party at the end of each day. Olivia is the reason that all B's workout clothes have hair around the ankles. She's been our soundtrack in the evenings, meowing for us to fill her food bowl, even though we only had the milk.

B's been tickled by how bummed I've been that Olivia has gone to, as I've put it (to B's chagrin), a "better place." "But she really IS in a better place!", he says. And he's right.

But for a few weeks, we had a friendly face that reminded us to love everyone and share what we had, even when that meant that B and the kitty had to share our milk until the next Sam's run.

I miss her, but I'm glad she's gone. B's out of town and I'd warned him that if he left while she was still here, she'd be sleeping in the guest room.

So farewell, Olivia! Thanks for sharing your love, snuggles, and kisses with us for a few weeks.

And for goodness sakes, don't anyone take this as a *hint, hint* that I'm wanting a cat. We are proudly pet free for now. ...Unless you have a spare golden retriever hanging around. Then give me a call.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: