Monday, April 7, 2008

Loose Ends...


B has a place to live!  Super exciting.  I saw about 5 places, ranging from "charming" holes in the wall to super-cute-but-expensive fully done apartments.  He picked a room in a house about five minutes from here.  Totally fine by me!  I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since we've been in the same city full time.  Visits, yes.  Vacations, yes. But really living, day-in and day-out, no.
I'm excited, but I'm also pretty scared.  I know we're compatible, and that our lives are compatible, but still there's some great fear that somehow things will just ... *poof.*  I am very anti-poof.
Care, my college roommate, says I try to overcompensate when I'm anxious and that I displace my angst.  I tell her she should get a hobby. But in this case she's right.  I have this weird inner draw to find the perfect place for B to live and, if I can find that 'perfect' place, then everything will be great this summer.  I know it's crazy, but it's something I can control.  Must relinquish control.  Must go back to faith.
Here's the place he decided on.  It has azalea bushes, so I know Grandma would be proud. Perfect?  We'll see.

No comments: