Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bucket List


Ok, so my list is less of a "to do before kicking the bucket" and more of a catch-all for the things I'm afraid will slip through the cracks...in the bucket? Maybe I should call it a bridge list instead.

Things I'm doing these days:
1) Looking at apartments for B. B. and I have been dating for 5 years now. Nope, not a typo. And that's exclusively. We dated for a year before that on and off. If we'd gotten right down to it, we could currently have someone who could write their name with a fat pencil. Crazy. B. is moving here for the summer for internships at a few law firms, so I'm spending my lunch hours this week running to and fro and trying to leave a trail of notes as to where I'll be should "Bob" turn out to be a "lotion on the skin" type guy. So far the leads are good, and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

2) Planning showers/bachelorette weekends for high school girlfriends who are getting married. Next one is later this month (eek!) in North Georgia on the lake. Should be amazing, if I can get myself organized enough to plan it.

3) Writing a LOT at work for our summer grilling guides. Luckily, my assigned section is Drinks, so I'm spending most days researching mojitos, coladas, and anything fit for a tiny umbrella. However, as good as that may sound, there's an equal amount of time spent coming up with synonyms for "refreshing."

No comments: