Thursday, January 2, 2014

How to Survive Today

It's a new year and, if you've ever stopped by here before, I bet you can figure out what my resolution is.

I've missed writing. I love being able to look back at Newlywed Moments I wrote about with B. I hate that I've missed the past 18 month, but a lot has happened.

First, I've survived, in every sense of the word. I survived fabulous family trips, memorable holidays, and another anniversary with B. And in the midst of that, I survived, three pregnancies, only one of which resulted in a too-good-to-be-true baby. I survived the birth of our daughter, O, and every snuggle, bath, swaddle, and story since.

For weeks, I didn't write because my mind was consumed with happy baby news, and then I didn't write (at least not here) because I couldn't handle sharing the grief with anyone. Then the cycle repeated and I honestly thought I might die of heartbreak. If you're a IRL friend reading this and am hurt I didn't tell you, know that this is so not about you; I didn't tell you because I needed to have you, my daily lifeline, be normal so that I could breathe.

But I'm still here, still standing, and I have so much to tell you. Starting with, hello.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hello right back at you! Write when it works for you, where it works for you. Whatever works for you. Thank you for surviving. Keep breathing. You are loved, and I am one of those who love you! (so much!)